Advisory Services for Selling a Business
If you are planning on selling a business, The Chalfin Group will be your partner for success. Our firm can manage every step of the business sale process from the initial concept to the final closing so you can concentrate on operating and growing your company.
While each engagement is unique, a more detailed listing of some of the services that we typically perform in connection with selling a business includes:
- Meet with you and your management team to discuss your business, understand your concerns, and design a plan to achieve your goals
- Perform a strategic analysis of your firm and discuss our findings and observations – critical steps to take before selling a business.
- Prepare, develop, and monitor the business’ metrics and provide ongoing suggestions for improvement.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for your business.
- Prepare a selling memorandum.
- Determine a reasonable asking price for your firm.
- Compile a list of potential purchasers for your business.
- Discreetly contact and meet with potential purchasers.
- Negotiate the sale of your business.
- Prepare for the due diligence process and coordinate the work of your employees, attorneys, and CPAs.
- Assist you with the closing and transition. This includes facilitating the activities of the buyer and seller, as well as the employees, and other interested parties.
It is a daunting undertaking to sell a business. The Chalfin Group can be your partner for success during this process. All too often, executives lose focus on the business during the sale process. This can have negative implications on the transaction and the ultimate price that is received. Moreover, utilizing an outside advisor can assist in maintaining confidentiality as well as expediting and optimizing the transaction.
Thinking of making a strategic acquisition or just buying a business? We have you covered with relevant advisory services.